Post Apocalypse Underground

Are you ready for the end game?

  • Welcome Message

    I have often asked myself why it is that I am drawn to the Post Apocalypse genre. The answer, that I have come up with after many hours of pondering, is that I must be a bit off my rocker. I mean, why else would a person be pulled to such a bleak and depressing subject? Wars. Famine. Plagues. You name it, the list goes on and on. Or is it really such a bleak and depressing subject? It can be... but... I say it is not. My favorite Post Apocalypse stories are the ones where the human soul overcomes adversity to start again. Faith. Hope. Love. These elements make the best Post Apocalypse stories. That is what I will attempt to bring to this blog. I hope you enjoy it.

Day 1

Posted by Word of Reason On 7:14 PM 1 comments

Hello out there! Anybody hear me??


Is this the sentiment of the lone blogger or is the cries of a sole survivor of the Apocalypse. You decide...

This is my first attempt at a blog, of any kind, and to tell the truth... I feel a little bit daunted. I mean... a blog is a responsibility. You may get followers and stuff. What if I can't keep up with the demand of my fellow Survivors? What if I am just plain boring and don't have a clue that I don't have a clue? Too many questions with answers that will only come with time. Anyway...

First off... I have a fiction that I am writing and hope you will take a minute or 10 to read it. It is an ongoing work and I am doing my best to write but life gets in the way. I'm sure we can all understand that. Please comment and tell me if I have captured your valuable attention or... that I just suck at writing and should fall prey to hordes of bandits that run the Mesa.

Two... I will be giving you a look at the lessons I have learned in this life. Everything from good books to valuable survival tips. Movies to gear. I consider myself a "Jack-of-All-Trades-Master-of-None" kinda guy and so far it has served me well. Once again... comments are more than welcome. We can learn from all the best ways to live in this upside down world. Boy, oh, boy is it ever upside down.

Anyway... It is getting dark now and I don't like to run the power after dark. Draws WAY to much attention. Refugees and marauders can see a light miles away. Someday I will get around to blacking out my abode but until then it's "light discipline". Use that little tip for your survival.

Until next time Survivors... May you always have a shelter over head, food in the belly and a good pair of boots.




Categories:

1 Response for the "Day 1"

  1. Brooke says:

    Very creative! Can't wait to see what the following 'Days' bring!

Post a Comment