Post Apocalypse Underground

Are you ready for the end game?

  • Welcome Message

    I have often asked myself why it is that I am drawn to the Post Apocalypse genre. The answer, that I have come up with after many hours of pondering, is that I must be a bit off my rocker. I mean, why else would a person be pulled to such a bleak and depressing subject? Wars. Famine. Plagues. You name it, the list goes on and on. Or is it really such a bleak and depressing subject? It can be... but... I say it is not. My favorite Post Apocalypse stories are the ones where the human soul overcomes adversity to start again. Faith. Hope. Love. These elements make the best Post Apocalypse stories. That is what I will attempt to bring to this blog. I hope you enjoy it.

Day 5 - Late Evening

Posted by Word of Reason On 10:28 PM 3 comments

I've been a little under the weather the past couple of days. Some kind of a stomach thing. Not to pleasant.

Pleasant.

What does that really mean these days? The weathers pleasant? The family is pleasant? Work is pleasant? The dictionary defines "pleasant" as agreeable, enjoyable, socially acceptable, polite. I'm not sure that much is pleasant anymore. My family is very pleasant. The weather and work are pleasant most of the time. Other than that...

It's been a little over two years since it really hit the fan. Of course the Troubles had been brewing for much longer than that but things were still livable. There was much less confusion and anger. Back in the days before the Event, the craziest stuff in the news were things like the OJ Simpson chase. The worst things were the Columbine shooting. Fortress America broke and the motto our government took was, "Rule by Fear". Something worse happened years later when the motto changed to, "Rule by Hope". We all learned very fast that it was false hope. Freedom began to be torn from us.

Now I strive to teach my two kids what it means to really be free. I teach them how to survive in a world that has been turned on it's head. I teach them to believe in God and trust in His will. I teach them what REAL hope is. The hope of a better day where we will not have to worry about who is coming to our front door or where our next meal will come from.

Remember those days? Where a visitor was just that... a visitor.

Tip of the day: A good rifle comes in all shapes and sizes. The BEST rifle is the one you can trust.

Until next time Survivors... May you always have a shelter over head, food in the belly and a good pair of boots.

Categories:

3 Response for the "Day 5 - Late Evening"

  1. Anonymous says:

    hey, you aren't a fanatic or a paranoid are you? i think your writing is great! most folks have problems writing a straight sentence. i look forward to hearing your next "thought" . anxious-

  2. No... I am not a fanatic or a paranoid. Although a thought does come to mind. It goes something like this, 'It is not a matter of being paranoid or not but if you are paranoid enough.' Ahh... one of my favorites. :-) Anyway... I believe in being prepare for whatever may come. The good and the bad.

    Word of Reason

  3. Doh! It should be 'prepared' not 'prepare'. Heheh.

Post a Comment